Internship at VOICE
For students from social sciences, arts, and humanities; this paid internship offers an opportunity to work in research and advocacy projects related to human rights and justice.
We are a rights-based organization working with diverse stakeholders including vulnerable communities, policymakers, civil society groups, and the youth. Our approaches are rooted in universal rights and justice for all through inclusive and sustainable development and conservation.
Program: Rights and Justice. We do action research and capacity building about access and right to information; progressive communication; rights to freedom of expression, privacy and data protection
Duration: 6 Months
Application deadline: September 12, 2019
Starting date: September 20, 2019
Working Hours: Total twenty-five hours (25) a week
(The interns will be based in our Dhaka office and must work on weekdays during office hours)
Monthly stipend: BDT 10,000
- Must be a Bangladeshi citizen and at least 18 years old;
- Current students studying for Bachelor’s degrees (honors) or masters in any disciplines of social sciences, arts, or humanities;
- The candidate must be respectful of universal human rights, any record from the past or present activities that goes against universal human rights and non-discrimination will be considered as unqualifying;
- Language proficiency in Bangla (Written: Advanced);
- Language proficiency in English (Written: Good);
- Advanced skills in formal non-fiction writing (essays, reports) in Bangla and English; and
- Skilled in data entry and analysis using MS Excel, and skilled in using Adobe Photoshop.
- Learn more about universal human rights, read the assigned literature and submit notes;
- Learn more about participatory research;
- Write draft reports and articles on human rights issues; and
- Take part with staff and consultants in organizing training and advocacy activities.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Please send your cover letter, CV, and samples of previously published writing (at least one in English and one in Bangla) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Internship’. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our Dhaka office for an interview on September 15, 2019.